Saturday, January 23, 2010

Update and Groupons and Entertainment Book

I do realize that it has been almost a year since I last wrote. I am trying to get back into blogging, and I will try to do weekly sales or give links as well, there are a lot of other blogs out there that have done the work for us! I thank all of them! Also, my friend Amanda may be joining me on this blog, and she is an avid blogger, so w/her help, we can get this blog going!

A few new things I'm gonna discuss right now, Groupons, and buying the Entertainment Book.

Groupons are basically buying mostly gift certificates, vacations, and more at HUGE reduced prices. The catch of it all is that, you can sign up to buy it, but if the quota (say 50 people) have not bought it by the end of the deal, the deal is off. So basically the company will say "We will sell this "item" for 70% off only if 100 people or more buy it). Also be cautious, if you decided to use this and look to see where exactly you can use the groupon, for example, a Quiznos was only good at one specific Quiznos in Dallas, which would of been too far of a drive for me. So I said "no". I have not bought any yet myself, just no deals that I need. But if you like luxury spa packages and good sushi, then Groupon is your place to get the discounts. Just take a look at www.groupons.com.

Next the Entertaiment Book.
Again, look this is up to see if its in your area. But they will have great buy one get on free dinners, and clothing coupons, entertainment coupons, and more. A few of the coupons have Kids Eat Free with purchase of entree. Which is nice for those times the whole family goes out! All you have to do is put in your zip code to see which book would be best for you. You can browse to see what coupons they have, and see if it would work for you! Right now they're on sale, at times they are $35, at others around $20. They start selling them before November, b/c thats when the new book is valid and the old book if you had one has expired. (All coupons are good to Nov 1 of that year, eg: Nov 1 2010).

Well, those are a few tips that I have. I hope you find them helpful, and I will try to update more this upcoming week!

~Curry

P.S. If you are a member of PPBC in Irving, there is Coupon 101 held in Baker Hall each Sunday starting at 4pm. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment